It’s been a few weeks since my last Five Things Friday, and to be honest, I’ve missed it! This post is a fun way for me to talk, in real time, about my life 🙂 Plus, it gives you guys an idea of what goes on in this absurd brain of mine.
1. I am NOT on team Irene. This stupid little hurricane is really starting to piss me off. For one, we were supposed to go to NYC this weekend for a wedding. I was excited about the wedding (my first Orthodox one!) but I was super pumped to see my friend Raleigh-Elizabeth.
[via Richard Israel]
As you can tell, Ms. Raleigh-Elizabeth is very fun, full of sweet Southern charm and personality and really, just rocks. We met at my wedding (if you classify that as meeting) and have become quick friends. I’m pretty sure the day we meet again in real life will be VERY bad for E & B (her fiancé) because we’ll be gabbing, gushing and chugging mimosas. This girl is SO funny and crazy smart, so for daily musings, sarcastic jokes and tons of gorgeous inspiration, check out her blog. You will not be disappointed.
2. I’m kind of obsessed with tofu (can you believe it Katie?!) Not too long ago, I wouln’t be caught dead with the non-meat jelly stuff anywhere near me. Now? I can’t get enough of it! A few weeks ago when I was visiting Granger, IN (wedding + family) I had it in a salad (it was fried, bad me) but marinated in this AMAZING Greek seasoning.
I would have eaten 14,000 little nuggets of that fried perfect tofu, luckily, the restaurant only put about a cup on the salad. Thanks Uptown Kitchen for ensuring my pants still fit.
3. ModCloth is the place my dreams are made of.
If you’ve never been to the site, it’s like a retro/vintage inspired Forever 21. The styles are AMAZING and the prices are even better. It’s so Mad Men-esque. (Plus expentionally cheaper than BR‘s line!) I’m treating myself to three new dresses (back to “school” shopping, duh) and it’s SO HARD trying to pick just three. If I could, I would buy them all. Oh, dreams dreams, dreams, dreammmmms.
4. I miss HLS, especially my fabulous roomies, my bloggy bff and my new blog friends. I don’t know if I can wait another year to see them all again!
Myself and the fANNEtastic Anne! (Picture stolen from Anne, haha)
Another pic of my favorite DC ladies! (picture from Gretchen)
Plus, we ate some MEAN guacamole in Philly at this place called El Vez. I honestly haven’t found a place around me that has guac THAT good.
The drinks weren’t too bad either 🙂
5. I’ve listened to ya’lls suggetsions and I’m HAPPY to say I’ll now be doing outfit recaps! (Okay so 2 people responded, but hey, that’s an overwhelming majority in my book!) Fashion is SUCH a big part of my life (if you follow me on twitter ya’ll know this) so not including it in my daily blogging is kind of hard.
I think about fashion (from clothes to shoes to handbags) about as much as I think about food. Like I tweeted yesterday, envisioning outfits and putting together the perfect ensemble gives me heart flutters. It’s a rush, really. I love that I can express myself through my clothing choices, I love how a gorgeous dress makes me feel, I love how a new pair of shoes can INSTANTLY brighten my mood. I love that when I’m down, a shopping trip will always pick me up. I love mixing and matching what I already own to create something entirely new. Fashion wasn’t something I always loved, though. Growing up, clothes were just that, clothes. Things I had to put over my body because it’s illegal to walk around nude. Then in college I really started to find myself and find my style. Now, every single outfit takes careful consideration. SO. There’s my love of all things fashion. I just hope ya’ll aren’t too bored with it. Now, here’s my outfit for today!
This is one of those outfits where the shirt makes it. I got this blouse at forever 21 TWO years ago and I still wear it ALL THE TIME. It has such a flattering fit and pairs well with jeans!
Top: Forever 21, $17.90
Jeans: Banana Republic outlet, $42
Caridgan: The Limited, $49.50
Necklace: Loft, $45
Shoes: Target, $12.99
HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL WEEKEND Y’ALL!!