Eat Skinny Be Skinny: Easy Peasy Skillet Lasagna
Before we begin, I have to share the cutest flipping photograph of my little pooch. I mean, his face, I just…want to kiss it all the time. I sometimes think there is no better start to the morning than a cute puppy face.
Okay, let’s move onto food. The only thing better than a gooey lasagna is a gooey lasagna that takes half the time to make. Lasagna that is just as cheesy, noodley and down right delectable as the regular kind, just substantially easier and much lighter. Lasagna, my dear friends, that looks a little something, like-a-this.
Sure, it’s not as pretty as stacked lagasna made with vibrant vegetables, but guys, trust me when I say this, it’s JUST as savory, creamy, decadent and delicious.
If not more.
In addition to being oh-so-yummy, this skillet lasagna is lighter than most, completely vegetarian AND has only 7 Weight Watchers Points Plus points! For a gal who only gets 26 points a day, this is a god-send.
Plus, wine has 4 points, so you know that’s being calculated in there too. So technically, I only have 22 points a day.
So when I find meals like this that are SO mouth-watering you are thinking “and here’s another 6 pounds” with each bite for LESS THAN 8 points per hearty cup? I’m going to jump up and down and do my white-mom dance.
Maybe someday I’ll let you all be privy to my dance moves. Some have called it a mix between an outdated soccer mom & Elaine from Seinfeld. Don’t be intimated by that, though.
Easy Peasy Skillet Lasagna
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: >10 minutes
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot cookbook.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.
I love living in a world where I can eat this, THIS cheesy wonder before me, have a glass of wine AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT. I’ll say, Weight Watchers, you get a fist pump for that.
Nutritional information per 1 cup:
Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 7
Wow, I'm in love with this lasagna! I had no idea this could be done in a skillet - and yet here it is... I have featured this post in today's Friday Food Fetish roundup. Let me know if you have any objections and thanks for the inspiration
It's certainly not meant that way, at all! It's more of just a way to categorize the dish. Trust me when I say this, I am not stick thin nor do I push people to be that way. I believe 100% in moderation, healthy living and being the best you. The title is just a title, I promise. I'm a firm believer in loving your body at any size or any age.
Which is a reasonable point to make.
We both agreed that we like this better than the frozen kind! Definitely added to the "regulars" menu list. Thanks!
YUM! Thanks so much for such a tasty, quick dinner!
I just sent this to the designer, I'll be sure it's fixed!!
~Thank you for sharing a healthy alternative for Lasagnia:)
(One of my favs)!
I continue to look for healthy, yet still yummy meals that my family will enjoy!