Before I was a blogger, a writer and a recipe creator, I was just a chubby kid who loved food.
Where it all began & why I do it.
I’m a Southern soul born in the Midwest who absolutely, head over heels, is madly in love with food. Growing up with an extremely talented cook as a mother, I often ate and LOVED the foods normal kids didn’t, like brussel sprouts and fancy cheese, for example. I remember always watching my mother dance around the kitchen as she prepared our meals and it always felt so romantic, so enchanting. Even though I didn’t always love to cook, food was always a part of me and no matter what I did, where I studied, what I was doing, I always came back to it. I guess you could call it my first, true love. My love for food hasn’t always led me to great outcomes, though. I’ve yo-yoed with my weight from a size 16 in women’s to a size double 0 to size ten and back. I’ve gained and lost more times than Oprah. I started this blog because 1) I was miserable at my job and 2) I wanted to chronicle my love for food as well as my passion for health. What started as a soley nutrition blog quickly prospered into what it is now, a mixture between low-fat, gluten-free, vegan and Weight Watchers meals as well as a daily musing on my everyday, wine soaked life. I’m constantly growing and learning in what I do, and I’m just so blessed I can call this my job!
The dramatic, “realistic” girl behind it.
In addition to this lovely blog, I’m a full time writer, recipe creator and crafter for SheKnows.com. Although much of my world revolves around food and health, there’s a lot in my life that doesn’t happen near the kitchen. So, to enlighten ya’ll on the crazy, insane, hilarious life I call MINE, I’ll share some important “about me’ factoids:
- I love wine. Any kind, any bottle, any maker. I’m not partial. I dabble in a glass (or two) a night and can’t live without it.
- I usually eat dessert first.
- My second love in life is to travel. Seeing new cultures and experiencing new people, food and a way of life is the most incredible thing you can do. Period.
- Without coffee, things can get pretty rough around here.
- I spend entirely way too much money online shopping. My closet and kitchen cabinets can vouch for that.
- I don’t know how I lived without my DSLR.
- I could eat avocados, spaghetti and shredded chicken everyday for the rest of my life and be so incredibly happy, albeit malnourished.
- I’ve been writing since age 6. It’s something I always knew I wanted to do.
- I use humor as a coping mechanism. Just call me Liz Lemon.
- I’m still trying to lose these last 20 pounds.
- I believe, with everything in me, in moderation. Life’s too short to live without the occasional doughnut and jumbo slice.
- I’m applying to culinary school this year!
- Julia and Julie is what inspired me, beyond all else, to chase my dreams.
- I’m sarcastic, witty, rude and sassy. Very sassy. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry. It’s just how I’m made
Get in touch.
Want to know more about me? Ask me questions? Stalk my life? I welcome all of the above! Here’s where you can find my daily musings and blabbings.
Facebook: The Realistic Nutritionist
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a nutritionist, YET. Just a girl who loves healthy food and living a healthy life. Consult your doctor with any weight loss, nutrition or dietetic help first.