Today is a very special day on the blog. We are celebrating one of my favorite bloggers (and people) in this crazy little internet world, Stephanie from Girl Versus Dough!
Before I “met” Stephanie last year, I was incredibly intimidated of her blog and her posts on Tablespoon. I mean, the girl made rainbow swirled and panda stuffed loaves of bread look like a walk in the park. Her photography is so light and crisp and her recipes always look Southern Living perfect. But she’ll never tell you that herself. She’s so incredibly humble and is always going out of her way to help you along with a recipe, post some beautiful lemon bars when you’re out of town or share your recipes on social media. In one word, she’s just amazing and I’m so happy to be here celebrating her baby girl!
When Stephie reached out and asked me to join, my brain started spinning with fun baby shower approved recipes. I quickly settled on these m&m blondies for a few reasons. One, the m&m’s are as bright and colorful as Stephanie herself. Two, blondies are a universally loved treat. And three, the entire pan of these were gone in less than 23 hours, which shows just how soft, chewy and delicious they are.
Oh and did I mention it was just E and I at home eating them?
These are the first “real” blondies I’ve ever made. Can you believe that? I attempted white chocolate blondies last year, but they ended up tasting more like a cake bar than anything else. I wanted to do these right. I wanted that crispy, brownie crust and the ooey, gooey, super chewy inside. I also wanted something a little nicer on the waistline so I wouldn’t have to cry when I was eating them. Luckily my stars were aligning because they came out so much better than I could have hoped.
I love the bright speckles of color the m&ms add to the bars. In a way, they kind of look like spring here in Northern Virginia. The flowers and leaves on the trees are sprouting just enough so you can see a speck of light and beauty against the brown, dull green background. I hope spring is finally here to stay and I don’t think there’s any better way to welcome it in than with a giant plate of these chewy blondies.
I’m totally okay with resorting to bribery to keep lady Spring here. After that winter, I’d do just about anything to keep the sun shining and the temperatures above 30. No shame.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE!
Serves about 10 -12. Recipe inspired by Six Sister’s Stuff.
Prep time: 5 – 8 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoons baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar and eggs together until creamy. In another bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the m&ms and gently fold them into the batter. Pour the mixture into the foil and spread the tops so it’s smooth.
- Bake for about 22 – 24 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely and then slice into bars.
Nutritional information per bar:
Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 52 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 3.83 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 9
Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes in honor of Stephanie!
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes from Sarcastic Cooking
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake with Lemon Drizzle from Greens & Chocolate
- Super Chewy M&M Blondies from The Realistic Nutritionist
- Strawberry Cinnamon Twist Knots from A Kitchen Addiction
- Lemon Shortbread with Salted Chocolate Drizzle from The Lemon Bowl
- Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream from A Zesty Bite
- Blackberry and Mango Curd Pie from Joanne Eats Well With Others
- Pecan Sticky Buns from Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins from Garnish with Lemon
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Susie Freaking Homemaker
- Super Simple Sugar Cookies from Espresso and Cream
- Raspberry Acai Frozen Margarita from Nutmeg Nanny
- Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt from The Law Student’s Wife
- Pretty in Pink Buttercream Cups from Keep it Sweet Desserts
- Broccoli Salad with Honey Toasted Walnuts from The Roasted Root
- Neapolitan Baked Doughnuts from Climbing Grier Mountain
- Giant Pink M&M and Raisinette Cookies from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- No-Bake Rhubarb Cheesecake Parfait Cups from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from A Cedar Spoon
- Freckled Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from Take a Megabite
- Vanilla Anise Cupcakes from Blahnik Baker
- Mini Vanilla Bean Layer Cakes from The Baker Chick
- Mini Blackberry Hazelnut Meringue Cakes from Eat Your Heart Out
Tags:best blondies, blondie recipes, candy recipes, chocolate blondies, healthy blondie recipes, mm recipes
the trick for you. If you check out a gym or health club it'll most likely have a
segment that contains lots of cross trainers
because they're very popular however the most recent trend is
to purchase one for yourself and use it in the home.
Exercising these muscles will help to tone and firm the
neck and jowl areas getting rid of a double chin.
Business forecasting is making projections or predictions of expected revenues and sales.
Ideas are where all of the action in your day come from, and the more ideas your mind invents, the more your chance for success.