Serves about 10 -12. Recipe inspired by Six Sister’s Stuff.
Prep time: 5 – 8 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoons baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar and eggs together until creamy. In another bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the m&ms and gently fold them into the batter. Pour the mixture into the foil and spread the tops so it’s smooth.
- Bake for about 22 – 24 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely and then slice into bars.
Nutritional information per bar:
Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 52 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 3.83 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 9