Or things that were supposed to be blondies but didn’t turn out quite right.
That’s okay though, these peanut butter white chocolate chip bars still look amazing right? And dontcha worry, they taste EVEN BETTER than they look. Basically this morning I got cocky. I messed with a recipe I found online and was like “these will totally come out awesome. I’m so awesome. Yay me.” Well, when I go into anything with that ‘tude, sh** hits the fan. And it didn’t really hit the fan per say in this recipe, but they sure as heck didn’t turn out like the picture.
See, blondies are supposed to have a sexy smooth brownie like top. These have sort of a spiky top. Which, can’t be explained. But guess what, they are still gooey, incredibly moist and just fan-freakin-tastic. I mean look, look at how squishy and decadent they look.
I had full intentions of making these last night, photographing them first thing this am and having this post ready by..um…an hour ago. That was until I got sucked into watching hours of The Real Housewives of BH. Y’all watch that? Because um…those b’s be crazy. I know the show is scripted, but you can’t script 100% crazy. I think you need to be a little nuts in order to act as out of control as some of these ladies do. It’s just…hard to watch. That and all of the plastic surgery I feel like I’m watching a drunk episode of the Muppets. Those ladies need a dash of “reality check” and soon. Or they just need to eat something. Maybe I should mail them some of these peanut butter white chocolate chip bars with a note that reads “YOU’RE 38, STOP WEARING DRESSES FROM FOREVER21.”
No, I clearly hold no opinions or feelings about that show. I just think I could be a way better housewife than some of these quacks. I say with a mouth full of these dessert bars, hair tied up into a VERY messy, very unpinterest worthy bun, no bra, a large oversize t-shirt and leggings with a hole in them. Is the real housewives of…abnormal food bloggers who really should get their life together hiring? Bravo? Is that you? I’m really good on camera, am super talented at drinking wine and can bake. Just have your people call mine.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Bars
Yields about 12 bars.
Prep time>10 minutes
Cook time: About 20 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flours, baking powder and salt together. In another smaller bowl, beat the peanut butter, butter, applesauce, eggs, skim milk and vanilla together. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth over the top with a spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middles comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely before you cut into them.
Nutritional information per bar:
Fat: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 15.6 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 4 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4