Whew. What a weekend. Actually, scratch that, what a MONTH. 3 weekends, 3 different states, it’s been a travel HEAVY April. I’m not mad about it, I’ve made some great memories. But I will say it’s very nice to be back home! I’m still in the process of editing all my photos from the weekend so I promise to do a full recap. But, I’ve got a few edited, including this one, muhahah!
Excuse me, I mustache you a question.
I have a weird obsession with trendy mustaches. I’m not sure why. Now, the other photo I have edited actually ties in PERFECTLY with my latest recipe.
At the farm where the wedding was, they had goats. Just a flock of goats that came out to greet the guests. They smelled STRONGLY of goat cheese, which was weird, albeit a tad bit delicious. Because as you know, goat cheese is probably my favorite thing in the entire world. Well, instead of peeling back the wrapper and eating my 4 ounce container of goat cheese like a candy bar last week[I swear, I've never done that, although I've wanted to] I decided to add it to ANOTHER thing I often dream about, spinach dip!
After one bite of this warm, ooey, gooey dip, I thought to myself “why the heck hadn’t I done this before?” Goat cheese is absolutely perfect in this dip because it’s creamy and gives it such a great tang. I’m honestly HOOKED.
I originally made this dip for a cute appetizer for Fab Foods but after one bite, immediately knew I had to share with y’all. I mean, when you find something this good, it’s a crime not to share with the ones you love, right?
Even though I may have eaten this whole bowl myself. I’ll never tell though, NEVER!
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste.
Goat Cheese Spin Dip
Serves about 12
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayo
- 4 ounces light goat cheese
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon part-skim Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan or 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients (except for the last tablespoon of Parmesan). Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of Parmesan and bake for 22 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with vegetables or chips and enjoy!
Nutritional information per 1/4 cup:
Fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 4.75 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 5.3 grams
Weight Watches Points Plus Points: 2