I had this amazing blog post written to go with this easy one pot sausage macaroni.
And then it disappeared. I don’t know where it went, but it’s not here anymore and I don’t have the strength or energy to re-write it. So instead, I’m just sharing photos.
Like this one.
Recipe is below. Don’t let my stress keep you from making it. It’s honestly one of the best pasta dishes ever. It’s so easy to make, takes just ONE POT and may or may not be a rotating item on my weekly menu.
Trust me, just make it. Don’t let my ghost post be in vain.
Easy One Pot Sausage Macaroni
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 – 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken sausage, sliced
- 12 ounces pasta noodles
- 30 ounces canned Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and sausage. Cook another 4 – 6 minutes, or until browned.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Add to the pot with the onions and sausage. Add in the chicken stock, light cream, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss in the pasta.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add fresh basil for garnish and top with parmesan.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 15.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 6.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8