Ready for another installment of recipes I’ve been hoarding for no good reason at all? Okay, fantastic. Because there’s just not any better day than a Friday to share this incredible chunky m&m quinoa dessert dip.
I’m fully aware that the name is less than desirable, but i can’t actually think of a better title for this recipe. It’s chunky (in a good way, not like the way my thighs look right now), full of m&ms and, shockingly enough, has quinoa!
I’ve been a huge fan of chunky desert dips for a while, but could never find a way to really make them healthy. Or you know, worthy of posting. Sure, i’ve made the cookie dough dips for work, but those aren’t exactly something I’d advise eating more than a spoonful of.
While this stuff? You can have 1/4 cup without any guilt. You may go into a quick little sugar coma or pass out due to a peanut butter overload, but you could still do it. I paired this sweet, decadent little dip with my favorite Food Should Taste Good chocolate tortilla chips and it was DIVINE. The sweet, salty mix from the chips and the dip was truly phenomenal.
However, the best thing about this snack is you can pair it with anything. Cookies, bread, cake, a spoon, your mouth, a straw. It’s up to you. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you with how addictive it is, because you’ll definitely have trouble sticking to the serving size.
Chunky M&M Quinoa Dip
Serves about 8-10.
Prep time: About 8 minutes
Chill time: About an hour
Total time: 1 hour and 8 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup candy coated chocolate
- In a large stand mixer fitted with a whisk beater, place the butter, cream cheese and peanut butter. Beat on high until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, quinoa and whole wheat flour. Mix to combine.
- Remove from the stand mixer and stir in the chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill for at least an hour. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving (about 2 tablespoons):
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 5.1 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7