Swiss Chard, Salami & Ricotta Pizza

Pin It PIN IT!

This swiss chard, salami and ricotta pizza will turn your normal pizza night into an extraordinary one!

Salami and swiss chard pizza5.jpg

No matter what you do for a living, Mondays are never easy, especially if you have a great weekend. Instead of snoozing past 7am, you have to wake up, shower, answer emails, go on conference calls, deal with coworkers you can’t stand and try not to stab your jackass boss in the neck when he pisses you off. We’ve all been there. Even though I love my job, Mondays are still stupid.

Salami and ricotta pizza56.jpg.jpg

Even though I don’t love Mondays, today is a little bit special. It’s the 3 year anniversary of our wedding rehearsal! I can’t believe we’ve been married for almost 3 years. It doesn’t seem real.

wedding rehearsal.jpg

It hasn’t been an easy 3 years, let me tell you that. We’ve gone through some major bumps in the road (like a fire, death of a grandparent, major health scare with parents), gone through many marriage growing pains (including a few not-so-pretty fights) and have dealt with 4+ new job changes and 4 moves. It hasn’t been easy. But you know what? Even with all of those hardships, I wouldn’t trade a single second with Elliot. The incredible moments we share and our love for eachother overshadows all of that. Every time he’s made me laugh, hugged me when I’ve cried and surprised me with his compassion and love has outnumbered the times he’s royally pissed me off. The best times trump everything, and that’s exactly why I think we’ll be celebrating 60 more of these anniversaries.

If you’re lucky enough to have a man (or woman) who supports you through everything, the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, you are lucky enough. I think. Especially if said person goes to a job they don’t love just so you can do what you love.

PicMonkey swiss chard.jpg

And for me, that often involves taking photos of vegetables. And making crazy pizzas with 15 ingredients on top because I can’t seem to make up my mind.

Fresh vegetable and salami pizza9.jpg

Elliot eats almost all of the food I make, but he just couldn’t wrap his head around this one. “Claire, exactly how many things are on this pizza?” he asked as he stared at it with confused eyes. And my response took about 5 minutes because I had to remember everything I put on it. So I just said “It’s a supreme. You love supreme!” and then he said “Not when 75% of the things on it are green!”

And that’s my life. But it all works out because it leaves me with more delicious pizza.

Swiss Chard, Salami & Ricotta Pizza

• 1/2 bunch asparagus, thick stems removed
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
  • About 9 – 10 slices salami
  • Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a pizza pan or stone with olive oil and then sprinkle with cornmeal. Add the yeast, sugar and water to a large boil. Let sit for about 10 minutes (or until it bubbles up).
  2. Add the flours, olive oil and salt. Stir the mixture until a dough forms. Let sit for about 5 – 10 minutes. Liberally flour a hard surface and knead the dough until smooth, soft and elastic. (About 5 minutes).
  3. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness onto the pizza stone or pan. Bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
  4. While the pizza dough bakes, prepare the topping. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, asparagus and swiss chard stems. Cook until just softened, about 4 -5 minutes. Add the swiss chard leaves and cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. While pizza dough is still warm, top with ricotta cheese, 1 ounce of the fresh mozzarella cheese slices and salami. Add the swiss chard mixture to the top. Add the remaining 1 ounce of mozzarella to the top. Bake for about 3 minutes to soften the cheese. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.

Nutritional information per serving (one slice):

Calories: 229
Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 24.2 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 10.2 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 6

1. Posted by Ali | Gimme Some Oven on
    Monday, March 24th, 2014
    Happy almost-anniversary! And cheers to 60 more to come! :)

This pizza also looks soooo yummy. Love that colorful Swiss chard!
    • Posted by cgallam10 on
      Monday, March 24th, 2014
      Thank you Ali!!
  2. Monday, March 24th, 2014
    Happy Anniversary!! I love this pizza - so many good things on there!
    • Posted by cgallam10 on
      Monday, March 24th, 2014
      Thank you Dorothy!!
  3. Posted by Liz @ The Lemon Bowl on
    Monday, March 24th, 2014
    Happy 3rd Anniversary!! I want to eat this pizza so hard.
    • Posted by cgallam10 on
      Monday, March 24th, 2014
      SO HARD!
  4. Monday, March 24th, 2014
    ...if you’re lucky enough to have a man (or woman) who supports you through everything, the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, you are lucky enough - you wrote this so beautifully.
    • Posted by cgallam10 on
      Monday, March 24th, 2014
      Thank you :)!!
  5. Posted by Medeja on
    Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
    Home made pizza is the best pizza in the world!
  6. Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
    Omg YES please! Give me all the pizza!
  7. Saturday, September 5th, 2015
    ワンダフル ライトアップ原因が、イライラ読み取り、に向けたたくさんのたくさんスポットの多大。あなたの引用を閉じてください!この場合、ライトアップイア€™は認識していないメートル、私はイライラしたままそのうちのヌーボー文法的なスタイルのいくつかの並べ替え以下の通りです。 それにもかかわらず、、私は謝ります。
    kk-014【klean kanteen/クリーンカンティーン】K..K インスレート グレイシャルグラス 12oz/19320012032012:SNB-SHOP
  8. Saturday, September 5th, 2015
    とIM レギュラー |ベリのユーザーは、私は感触 可能性かもしれ制限要因かもしれないが、イムは、システム私とCMDを実行するです。 1 1 |私はブログウェを読んだとき
    《犬用サークル》【送料無料】トレー付ウッディサークル DWS-139ダークブラウン[犬 サークル ケージ ゲージ ペット 屋内用 ハウス]【RCP】【e-netpet】【0530pe_fl】:犬とEnjoy!ドッグパーク
  9. Monday, September 7th, 2015
    猫じゃらし産業 猫じゃらし 2本 [EC]【D】[猫?おもちゃ]【RCP】【hl150515】:Pet館~ペット館~
  10. Monday, September 14th, 2015
  11. Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
  12. Wednesday, September 16th, 2015
    やあ!、私はです。 実際には、実際にイライラ| これは本当にこれが今日ブロガーはゴシップやネットについてだけ公開します。 と良い インターネット インターネットサイトサイト コンテンツ、それは私必要とは持っている必要があります。このインターネットウェブ維持していただきありがとうございますインターネットサイトを、私はそれを訪問することがあります。あなたがニュースレターを行うのですか?することはできませんそれは探し明らか。こんにちは
  13. Thursday, September 17th, 2015
  14. Monday, September 21st, 2015
    ! ワンダフルポスト!我々はフォローアップを参照してくださいしなければならない時にお申し付けください!ワイルドカード証明書 - ニュースがいることである {
  15. Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015
  16. Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015
  17. Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015
  18. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  19. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  20. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    私は インターネットサイトサイト コンテンツ素材多くの場合、ブログに、私はまた、本当にあなたに感謝します。 コンテンツ素材は 純粋た私の興味をピーク。 と保存新しい詳細をチェックするブックマークあなたのために約| 私は私がよ。
  21. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  22. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    | ブログに、私はまた、本当にあなたに感謝私は私はRの記事。この素晴らしい ポストは 実際た私の興味をピーク。 と維持ブランドの新しい詳細をチェックする私の目標は、ブックマークにあなたのです。
  23. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    • Posted by Helene on
      Wednesday, July 20th, 2016
      I have exactly what info I want. Check, please. Wait, it's free? Awoemes!
    • Wednesday, October 19th, 2016
      Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my web site so i came to “go back the prefer”.I am trying to in finding issues to improve my website!I suppose its good enough to use some of your ideas!!
    • Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
      Remember, CheersLance is from Delisle; and although that doesn't prove anything, well...Postulate: Lance is from Delisle and Kate McMillan is from Delisle.Theorise: They both belong to the same coven.Conclusion: No additional virgins needed for blood sacrifices.Now...let's work on the facts...
  24. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  25. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  26. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  27. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    、いい サイト あなたが持っているここで私は願っていますあなたがしますしようとしています。よろしくTJの更新を
  28. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    素晴らしい一日、あなたのウェブサイトである実際 unquie。
  29. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
    Wiodacaロールprzejal aplikacjach Windows 95のtudziez jego nastepcow W 90 HTMLヘルプ、czy szablonowyのstrukturaのpomocy緯度polowieワット。 Bazujac dokumentach HTML、nadawal SIE zgola AZ DO tworzenia ksiazek elektronicznych、共同zawdzieczalシラutworzenia dobrego systemu nawigacyjnego、skorowidza badz systemu wyszukiwawczegoナ。 TEZ tudziez tutaj zbytnio ostateczna postac odpowiada kompilator Microsoftu、oddanie zreszta niedobry、gdyz NIE potrafiacy skompilowac rozmaitych formatow multimediow。 NIE predzej stosowanie pewnych sztuczek pozwalalo wkomponowac sposrod archiwami dodatkowe formaty、 PDF。
  30. Thursday, September 24th, 2015
  31. Friday, September 25th, 2015
  32. Monday, October 26th, 2015
  33. Monday, October 26th, 2015
    グランデalberino! richiedereテンポあたりRingraziamenti scrivere qualcosa CHE SIA realmente degno lettura。 Trovoトロッポspesso LINFO無用の電子非qualcosa CHE SIA realmente relativo。 Ringraziamenti当たりのI vostriドゥリlavori。
  34. Friday, October 30th, 2015
    はちょうどビング、どのような心地よいショックを通して、このサイトを発見しました!このことについて話をする時間を割いてbagashvili raacコレラ尻
  35. Monday, November 2nd, 2015
  36. Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
  37. Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
    私はそれがつもりだったいくつかの退屈な古い、公開することが考えられますが、それは実際に私の時間のために支払いました。私は私のブログでのページへのリンクを書き込むの一部になります。私は私の個人的なゲストが最終的にその貴重なを見つけると確信しています。 。 。 。あなたがここにあるhuan​​hangrnトップページは、私はすべてのコメントに同意いけないが、私はあなたが何を言っているか、その権利を考えます。
  38. Thursday, December 10th, 2015
  39. Thursday, December 10th, 2015
  40. Posted by ty rhame entrepreneur on
    Tuesday, January 12th, 2016
    The nascent area of social entrepreneurship iis growing rapidly and
    also attracting enhanced focus from several industries.