Click, click. “Hi, um, is this thing still on? *Clears throat.* “I’m happy to see you all still here, still reading this blog despite the extended week and a half absence. I, um, had a lot going on this week.” *Cough, cough* “But, I’m back again and it’s going to take a lot more than strong deadlines and a bunch of work to keep me away again!”
To say these past few weeks have been insane is the biggest understatement of my life. Not only was my book due, but I also had a wedding to go to, boxes to (still) unpack and daily deadlines for work. Somedays I didn’t have enough time to shower or do dishes better yet cook something amazing for you guys. BUT, Backstreets back, alright, and I’ve got weeks of amazing things to share with y’all.
It’s funny. I thought after my deadline that life would slow down a bit. HA! How wrong I was. I have about 9 recipes to make today (I wish I was kidding), a 2 day trip starting tomorrow, 6 recipes to make the night I get back and then another 4 day trip after that. Oh and when I get back, I have a few days to myself then another trip to Mexico and then, the next day, a trip to Canada.
Don’t you want a nap just reading that?
Before I die of stress, can we talk about these super soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for a quick second? I made these two days ago and there isn’t a cookie left. Actually, there aren’t even crumbs. All that remains of these incredibly soft and fluffy cookies are a memory and some photos. And I’m not even embarrassed about it. You want to know what makes them so giant and incredible? An ice-cream scoop.
Seriously, this is how much dough is in one amazing cookie. You’ll want to eat the entire batch once you make these. I promise you. They are, hands down, the fluffiest, softest and most incredibly delicious cookies I’ve EVER made.
Super Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 12 -14 large cookies (24 smaller cookies). Recipe slightly adapted from The Foodie Bride.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Warm peanut butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, sugars and egg until fluffy and creamy. Add in vanilla and mix until combined. In another bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Using an ice cream scoop (or a tablespoon measurer), scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 – 14 minutes, or until golden brown. (NOTE: You may want to squish the cookies down a bit with a spatula to make them more level).
Nutritional information per large cookie:
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 4.75 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7