Super Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 12 -14 large cookies (24 smaller cookies). Recipe slightly adapted from The Foodie Bride.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Warm peanut butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, sugars and egg until fluffy and creamy. Add in vanilla and mix until combined. In another bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Using an ice cream scoop (or a tablespoon measurer), scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 – 14 minutes, or until golden brown. (NOTE: You may want to squish the cookies down a bit with a spatula to make them more level).
Nutritional information per large cookie:
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 4.75 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7