Spruce up your boring chicken dinners by making this crispy and delicious sweet potato chip crusted chicken breast!
Some people have engagement chicken, marriage chicken or “I just had a baby chicken.” Me? I have “we finally got the okay to move out this awful apartment complex!” That’s right, we recently found out we can move completely OUT of this complex into a new place, far far away! To say I’m ecstatic is an understatement. Y’all know it’s been a hellish two months for us so this news is exactly the light in the dark we needed. I’ve already started looking at places and we have appointments every night this week (and the weekend!) to look at a potential new home. I’m just…so excited.
When I’m happy, you can’t pry me out of the kitchen. So to celebrate, I grabbed my favorite Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips, some extra plump chicken breasts and made our new favorite dinner. Who knew chip crusted chicken could be so good? I mean, really?
As you know I’m now a partner with Food Should Taste Good, so every month I’m going to be featuring two delicious recipes using their all natural, lower fat chips. If you have any recipes you want to see, send me an email!
Now go make this “we’re moving out” chicken for dinner. You won’t be disappointed. Just sub in “we’re moving out” for whatever it is your celebrating. (I hear this is perfect “I finally lose those last 5 pounds!” chicken too).
Sweet potato chip crusted chicken breast
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: About 45 minutes
For the chicken
- 4 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups crushed Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish (we used a 9 x 13) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the egg, flour and crushed chips into three separate shallow bowls. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then dredge in egg and then liberally cover in chips. Place in the baking dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Bake for about 40 – 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle (a meat thermometer should reach 170 degrees F).
- To make the sauce, whisk the mustard, mayo and herbs. Once chicken is done, drizzle two tablespoons of sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional information per chicken breast:
Fat: 7.25 grams
Carbohydrates: 25.75 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 37 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8