Sweet Potato Chip Crusted Chicken
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: About 45 minutes
For the chicken
- 4 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups crushed Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish (we used a 9 x 13) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the egg, flour and crushed chips into three separate shallow bowls. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then dredge in egg and then liberally cover in chips. Place in the baking dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Bake for about 40 – 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle (a meat thermometer should reach 170 degrees F).
- To make the sauce, whisk the mustard, mayo and herbs. Once chicken is done, drizzle two tablespoons of sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional information per chicken breast:
Fat: 7.25 grams
Carbohydrates: 25.75 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 37 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8