I have a meeting with a tax professional today. So to prep, I made (and ate) about 10,000 of these pistachio pudding chocolate chip cookies.
You can tell how anxious I am because you’ll see that these have a double dose of chocolate. Each soft, chewy cookie is topped with a salted, milk chocolate glaze.
Because when you’re about to meet with someone who is going to tell you how much you owe Uncle Sam after not paying taxes for a year, a few chocolate chips inside a cookie are not enough. TRUST ME. I’ve been saving but I’m still fairly certain I’m going to need to pay double what I have, sign over the deed to our house, donate all of my blood and give away my first unborn child. So if I disappear without a trace, know that I didn’t fall prey to foul play and instead ran away to Mexico to hide with all the other tax evaders and white collar criminals.
HA! I’m kidding IRS. I’m not that brave. Plus, could you really imagine me hiding away? My bright red hair and loud, boisterous personality? They’d find me in a second. Plus, I’m addicted to instagram. I’m not giving that up. All in all, I’m 98% sure I’m blowing this all up in my head and the actual total due won’t be that big of a shock. I just have a bit of a flair for the dramatic and my mind is always thinking worst case scenarios.
Oh and for those of you who are freelancers and know that the total sum includes a blood oath and my first born, just do me a little favor. DON’T TELL ME. Just nod and smile while you read my ignorant words, mmk? In the mean time, I’ll be stuffing my face with all the cookies while surfing the web for prime real estate in Mexico 😉
Pistachio Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 22 medium – large cookies. Recipe adapted from Creations by Kara.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: 8 – 12 minutes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3 ounce box pistachio pudding mix (sub in 3 fat-free, sugar-free boxes if you’d like)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, applesauce, sugar and pudding mix together until fully mixed. Stir in vanilla and eggs with a wooden spoon. Gradually add flour and baking soda until a thick dough forms. Add about 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place about one tablespoon size scoops of dough on the cookie sheet, about an inch apart. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown (cooking time varies based on your oven).
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, heat the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Then, drizzle on the cookies and garnish with sea salt.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 6.25 grams
Carbohydrates: 23.2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 2.8 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4