Pistachio Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 22 medium – large cookies. Recipe adapted from Creations by Kara.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: 8 – 12 minutes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3 ounce box pistachio pudding mix (sub in 3 fat-free, sugar-free boxes if you’d like)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, applesauce, sugar and pudding mix together until fully mixed. Stir in vanilla and eggs with a wooden spoon. Gradually add flour and baking soda until a thick dough forms. Add about 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place about one tablespoon size scoops of dough on the cookie sheet, about an inch apart. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown (cooking time varies based on your oven).
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, heat the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Then, drizzle on the cookies and garnish with sea salt.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 6.25 grams
Carbohydrates: 23.2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 2.8 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4