Are you ready to meet your new favorite dessert? I know, sounds a little cocky, but trust me, I don’t mean it that way. I just mean…after one bite, you’ll literally fall to the ground and scream of pure joy. Not only because of the taste, but because of the basically non-existent calories and fat too (as in, less than 1 gram of fat per ramekin).This low-fat strawberry banana mousse is the perfect light dessert for any day, any season, any person! Trust me.
It’s life-changing, for me at least. So fluffy, so light and airy yet so FULL of incredible strawberry and banana flavor. It tastes like my favorite smoothie, but in a portable dessert form.
As much as I love mousse, I don’t make it a whole lot. Usually because it requires a whole bunch of ingredients that I never seem to have on hand, like evaporated milk or pudding mix. Luckily, this recipe calls for none of that! Just some 2% Chobani (I’m an addict), fat-free whipped topping, sugar and fruit! I’m not pulling your legs friends, that’s all that is in these little ramekins of looooovvve (said in my Barry White voice).
With Valentine’s Day coming up, don’t you think these pretty pink desserts would make the perfect end to your romantic meal at home? Plus, they are SO light and airy, they won’t fill you up or weigh you down when you’re getting jiggy with it. (Or, when you’re taking a bottle of wine to the face while watching a Bridget Jones movie).
Low-fat Strawberry Banana Mousse
Serves about 5. Recipe slight adapted from Cooking Light.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Freeze time: 4+ hours
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup sliced banana (About 1 large banana)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping (thawed)
- Place the strawberries, the bananan and the sugar into a food processor. Pulse on low until mixture is pureed. Pour into a chilled mixing bowl (preferably a metal one).
- Add Greek yogurt and whip using a whisk until yogurt is fully incorporated Using a spatula, fold in the whipped topping (not stir) until completely mixed in.
- Pour mixture into 5 ramekins. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 4 hours, or until set. Remove from freezer and chill in the refrigerator for another hour, or until defrosted. Serve immediately!
Nutritional information per ramekin:
Fat: >1 gram
Carbohydrates: 19.8 grams
Fiber: 1.2 grams
Protein: 2.8 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 2