Before we begin….giveaway winner time! The winner of the Anthro gift card is…
aka Julia of Must Come Hungry. Congrats girl!
Now, I seriously still can’t believe it’s Wednesday, friends. But in all honesty, this weekend was super long for me. As you know, my darling cousin came into town on Saturday and we’ve just been having a complete blast every single day! On Sunday, we got our nails done and went out in Arlington, on Monday we did some outlet shopping in Leesburg and caught dinner & a show and yesterday we took the metro into the city to see the Natural History Museum (she’s a science nerd), had a bite to eat in Dupont and putzed around a bookstore.
All in all, it was a perfect weekend. She is looking for jobs out here so I’m praying someone hires her so she can be much closer! Ohio is way too far away.
And clearly, we also ate really good food. Like, on Monday when I made these adorable frittatas.
I saw this recipe on My Recipes and knew I had to make them! I’m a huge fan of mini anything and with the astounding success (to my belly) of my mini quiches, I just couldn’t wait to give another mini egg dish a try. And of course, when they were done, I pulled the piping hot pan out of the oven and took a HUGE bite of the cheesy and gooey looking frittata on the very end.
I sort of…annihilated it. Whoops. Also? It was freakin’ hot. However, despite a mild burn in my mouth, I was incredibly happy with these mini egg wonders. I mean, what can go wrong when you mix eggs, spinach, onions and feta cheese?
I think what made these was the feta. Feta has such an incredibly rich taste and it paired absolutely perfectly with the milder tastes of the spinach and egg.
After I regained feeling in my mouth again, I clearly gobbled down another one.
I mean look at that rich, hearty spinachy middle? Is there anything more beautiful?
How could a veggie lover resist? These a perfect breakfast for busy weekdays because they can be made a day in advance! So, instead of grabbing a banana on your way to work, grab 2 of these little protein packed numbers instead!
Oh and the best news of all? They’re gluten-free!
Mini Feta & Spinach Frittatas
Yields: 12 frittatas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 – 18 minutes
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup wilted spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Liberally grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat butter. Add onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add in mushrooms, pepper, summer squash and spinach and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- Scoop vegetable mixture into the muffin cavities, filling about 1/2 full. Pour egg mixture over each one, careful not to overflow the cups. Sprinkle feta cheese over eggs. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for15 – 18 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional information per frittata:
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus points: 2