When I’m stressed, I crave chocolate (and mashed potatoes, but that’s for a different post). I need it, have to have it and pretty much collapse if I don’t get it. Well, you can pretty much guess my stress level right now is OUT OF THE ROOF so I’m nearly addicted to chocolate and need some to suppress myself. Since my stress is due to my wedding, and my wedding means I am having 1 million photos taken in a snug white dress, I can’t just indulge in any ol’ chocolate. This has to be a very strategic process so I don’t gain ANY weight or break out in a massive hysteria of pimples. I wasn’t going to give up this elixir of life for me, so I had to find a lighter way to get my dosage. Enter light chocolate chip cookies!
Holy freaking YUM. This cookies were absolutely perfect. They had just the right amount of chocolate to sooth my sky rocketing stress and were so soft and chewy. Pillsbury? Eat your heart out, because these cookies rock. And each cookie has less than 95 calories. So, double win. Because I know I can’t be trusted around them, I left about 5 at home for Elliot and I to eat and sent the rest to Elliot’s work. Recipe was adapted from All Recipes.
Light Chocolate Chip Cookies
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
How To Make Them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the brown and white sugars. Stir in the vanilla, egg white, and water. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Mine look like weird spiky balls.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Then try to escape the kitchen without eating all of them!
They were so soft, chewy and delicious. I’m so glad I did not keep many lying around!
Nutritional Information per cookie: 94 calories, 4 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein.