Looking for a refreshing summer cocktail? Look no further than these frozen pineapple, blueberry & coconut gin coolers! Each drink is filled with fresh fruit flavor and are made with less sugar than normal cocktails!
It’s just now 9am and I want to take 4 of these cocktails to the face. It’s been THAT kind of day.
Actually, no, scratch that. It’s been that kind of WEEK. I had an amazing weekend and then, to punish me for having fun, Monday welcomed me with a speeding ticket, an exploding toliet and an unexpected financial strain on my bank account. I thought it was just Monday, but no. Every day this week has been a festival of bad luck, frustrating circumstances and overwhelming stress. So the thought of sipping one of these refreshing frozen pineapple, blueberry & coconut gin coolers, turning off my computer and laying by the pool all day seems almost too good to pass up.
But no. As a responsible adult, I need to power through these feelings of stress and frustration and tackle my hauntingly long to do list. Which includes making a wedding cake, lavender ice cream and fried chicken today. Which to the average person would seem like a dream. To me, though, it’s terrifying. It’s 6,500,456 degrees outside and we have a very sad and pathetic little air conditioner who sounds like he wants to break every time I turn him on. And given my week of charms already, don’t be surprised if you see a photo of my face melting off on Facebook.
Luckily I just have a few more days of very heavy workloads and then I’m cooking and stress free for 9 days while I explore the African wonderland of Kenya. Even though it will be extremely hot there, I’ll be sweating while staring at lions and elephants, and to me, that totally beats sweating staring at my computer screen.
Frozen Pineapple, Blueberry & Coconut Gin Coolers
Yields 2 drinks.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 12 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup (2.4 ounces) Tanqueray gin
- About 3/4 cup Coconut water
- 1/2 cup low sugar cranberry juice
- About 6 – 7 fresh basil leaves
- Mix the sugar and water together in a microwavable safe dish. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Pour the mixture into a blender. Add the pineapple chunks, blueberries, gin, coconut water, cranberry juice and basil leaves. Add a handful of ice and blend until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into two chilled mason jars. Add some fresh basil to garnish on the drinks and skewer a few blueberries onto a wooden skewer. Serve chilled.
Nutritional information per drink:
Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Weight Watchers Points: 5