This is why I was really excited to participate in the BlogHer Wildwood review and try some of their meatless products, like the baked tofu snacks and crumbles. Although we don’t eat them often, we love burgers and it’s hard to find good veggie substitutes. Honestly, I think we’ve probably tried every brand out there without much luck. They are bland, really chewy or very crumbly, which is why I decided to use the tofu stacks to make my own version of veggie burgers.
To give the burgers a bit more oomph, we topped each tofu patty with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes. Even without the add ons, I think these tofu patties would be amazing on their own. They are hearty and thick, which make them feel like a burger when you’re eating them, which is half the fun of eating a burger, when you have to grab it with both hands because it’s so hefty.
Perfect for any time, any season, any day, trust me. I LOVE these burgers! Now, for the fun part. A $100 visa gift card giveaway! Wanna know how to win? Simply answer this question in the comments below! What would be your ideal recipe when using Wildwood products?
Caprese tofu sliders
Yields about 4 sliders.
- 2 packages Wildwood baked tofu patties
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 whole wheat slider buns
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. place tofu patties on a greased baking dish and bake for about 5 minutes or until warm. Immediately top with fresh mozzarella (it’ll melt a little). Place patty on the bottom of the slider buns.
2. Add tomatoes, fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Top the tomatoes with the top of the bun and enjoy!
Sweepstakes Rules: GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/2013-10/31/2013.
Be sure to visit the Wildwood brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!