Happy Tuesday friends! I’ve got an amazing post for you guys today, coming from the extremely talented Kristina of Whipped. Seriously, if you haven’t been to her blog, please go check it out! She takes the prettiest photos and is an absolutely doll. As a sponsor this month, I gave her a recipe challenge! My challenge for Kristina was to whip up a healthy and delicious meal using Chobani yogurt. As you know, I’m a HUGE fan of Cho (check out this arsenal of my chobani recipes) and I love creating unique recipes using their yogurt.
If you’ve never tried Chobani or have never cooked with it, you’re in luck! I’m giving away six 16 ounce tubs of the ‘gurt to one lucky reader! Now, before we get to that, it’s time for you to drool over these amazing chicken quesadillas with cream avocado dip that the lovely Kristina made!
Hi Everyone! I am so excited that Claire is hosting me on her delicious blog today! My name is Kristina and I’m the blogger behind Whipped, a healthy cooking, baking, and nutrition blog. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m still recuperating from the Thanksgiving cooking marathon! Between the main event Thursday, family packed weekend, and 12,000 + dishes, the most gourmet I really want to get right now is ordering food… from a gourmet restaurant. So when Claire asked me to come up with a yummy way to use up my Chobani Greek Yogurt, I knew I wanted something quick, delicious, and packed with all the comfort food flavors I crave! Quesadillas seemed absolutely perfect.
This is a no-fuss meal with little prep and a lot of flavor. I stuffed mine with caramelized red onions, sautéed black beans, garlic, and cheese – but you can definitely throw in whatever leftover veg you have on hand. Rotisserie chicken rounds out the meal with zero prep and plenty of leftovers to toss with stir fries, salads, and soups for the rest of the week. The savory quesadillas pair perfectly with the bright avocado dip. I used Chobani Greek Yogurt to give the avocados their creamy fluffy texture. Mixed up with a little red onion, garlic, and cumin, this is absolutely delish with the quesadillas!
Enjoy! Thanks again Claire for sharing your irresistible blog with me today!
Chicken Quesadillas with Creamy Avocado Dip
Yields 4 servings.
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- Cooking Spray
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
For the Avocado Dip:
- 1 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup red chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Make the Avocado Dip – Combine avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, red onion, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in a medium large skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add in the black beans and garlic and saute until the beans are heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add in shredded chicken and salt and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Top one half of a tortilla with 1/4 of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Gently fold quesadilla in half. Transfer to skillet and cook 2 minutes on one side, or until golden brown. Flip, and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into thirds and enjoy with avocado dip!
Nutritional information per quesadilla with 2 tablespoons dip:
Fat: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 34 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Protein: 23 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 9
Now, the giveaway One lucky reader will win six 16 ounce tubs in a variety of flavor from the lovely folks at Chobani! Just enter the prompts below! Giveaway ends December 8th and midnight.