Eat Skinny: Light Lemon Pudding with Blueberries & Raspberries Recipe
Friends, this little pudding made with lemon, raspberries, blueberries (and love) is probably my new favorite thing to eat, ever.
It’s SO light, fluffy and airy, which makes it absolutely perfect for those insanely hot summer days when you want something sweet but can’t muster the strength to eat (or bake) cake. Plus, the tartness of the lemon pairs with sweetness of the raspberries and blueberries amazingly.
Not to mention, they are pretty little things, don’t you think? I wanted to add both raspberries and blueberries to make it more patriotic since, you know, the 4th of July is next week! (I know, I know, I can’t believe either). How cute would these be at your BBQ? Or dinner party? Each person gets their own little ramekin!
Or, if you’re feeling REALLY creative, you can actually make a flat pattern on top of your cakes. Somehow. I wouldn’t know how to do that since I’m not that creative. Or, I’m just lazy. How’s that?
Trust me guys, these cakes are the perfect summertime dessert. I mean, each ramekin has JUST 114 calories and 6 grams of fat! Plus, these pudding cups pair amazingly with a crisp white wine, like a dessert white or even a Pinot Grigio? I’m going to do a taste test with a few different wines. Any VA bloggers want to get drunk — erm — do research at 11am with me? I’ll pay you in cake! and wine!
Recipe adapted from Sunset Magazine.
Light Lemon Pudding with Raspberries and Blueberries
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup raspberries (divided)
- 1 cup blueberries (divided)
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ramekins (or mini crocettes) in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour egg yolks into a medium bowl. (Set whites aside) Add sugar and mix until mixture is creamed and thick. Add in butter, flour, skim milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and cream. Mix until fully combined. (Don’t worry, mixture will be soupy looking).
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a whisk (or electric mixer) until a firm peak forms when you lift up (about 5 – 7 minutes). Gently stir in about 1/3 the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites, raspberries and blueberries until mixed. Pour mixture into each ramekin. Add about 1 inch’s worth of hot water into the pan along the side of the ramekins. DO NOT LET WATER GET INTO THE RAMEKINS. Or, your pudding will be ruined. Trust me, I learned this from Bobby Flay.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until pudding cake is set and lightly browned. Remove from water and let chill about 30 minutes. Then, garnish with remaining berries and powdered sugar and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving (1 ramekin):
Fat: 6.6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 3.83 gram
Weight Watchers Points: 3
Congratulations on making the Foodbuzz Today’s Top 9! Raspberries and blueberries, deliciously healthy with antioxidant qualities.
Just be sure that the clothes you might be wearing are appropriate and you might be comfortable in wearing
it. It's extremely important to note until this jewelry is only cheaply priced, have a look
around and you'll see many name brands in earrings,
necklaces, rings, accessories -- including products in the Disney and e.
clean up. The company made their business revolve around radios and televisions at first.
Shop around and make sure you select the right mixing device to your needs,
and select a level of functionality and user-friendliness that meets you.
for heating food or baking or grilling. I discovered this on Father's Day 2005,
when my 6- and 3-year-old daughters decided to make a Greeting Cake for
my husband. In our test kitchen, we have experimented extensively with cheesecakes.
You can have the bunny holding a gift basket in place of the egg basket for
a real easter treat for moms, grandmothers or even a thoughtful easter hostess
gift. To learn more about gift ideas, visit our website at
My - Reviews - Now.
Certainly, this does not signify that you should go out and buy the cheapest cookware collection that you
can get. The storage of the pans is far easier when you may have
this potential at your disposal.
can be effectively pictured using this example: suppose you
had two bottles - a two-gallon jug and a 16 oz. Final Ideas - On the draw back, if you have a
choice for complete grain bread, then this device doesn't bake
it appropriately as it doesn't have a sandwich mode, so you will require to appear elsewhere.
Everything that goes in your box and out the door frees up space in your home and helps out a good cause.
posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome
to tell the truth oon the other hand I'll certainly come back again.
Perhaps it is a treat she found when traveling in another
state or country. To learn more about gift ideas, visit our website at My - Reviews - Now.
the dangers of this chemical in combination with others has
still never been widely studied. And despite the fact that it's an important meeting that I wouldn't
miss in a thousand years, we always use plastic silverware and
paper plates, items that could hardly be described as
formal dinnerware. For every review of yours we approve and publish on the website, we will add 20 points to your VGP account.
quality of breadmaker itself. Local honey is readily available at the local Natural Foods Market
and the health benefits to be gained from eating local honey
are numerous. It chops nearly something from fruit to
veggie to even nuts.