Make sure you enter to win avocado awesomeness and a Subway gift card here!
Happy Monday! Hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was spent at the pool on Saturday and in the kitchen yesterday! Whipped up some delicious treats, including crock pot chicken wings, butternut squash mac n’ cheese and THESE amazing strawberry boozy popsicles.
Aren’t they just the CUTEST?? I’m on a MAD boozy Popsicle streak this week, all thanks to work! I made a variety of these pops last week (with orange instead of lemon) and was so addicted, I knew I had to make them again.
Oh, and these little pops are void of ANY ADDED SUGAR. Yep, nothing. Zilch. Not even a smidgen of the white stuff made it’s way into each delicious pop. Because guys, strawberries are sweet enough! You simply don’t need it! However, if you don’t like the tartness of strawberries and lemon together, by all means, add in some sugar!
If the low-sugar didn’t get you excited, how about the fact they are made with pomegranate infused tequila? Does that have your heart beating a little faster? No? How about when I tell you how flipping easy they are to make? Blend, pour into Dixie cups, freeze and pop out!
And guys? Taking them out of the Dixie cups is as easy as pie! Simple let them defrost for a smidge.
Carefully pull them out. (You can use a knife to gently push them away from the cup too or peel the cup away).
Then, tadaa!! You have a boozy pop! So easy, right?
Oh and the very, very best part? Each little pop has under 100 calories. And since it’s filled with fruit, you can have one for breakfast. I won’t tell anyone there’s booze in there.
Boozy Strawberry Lemon Pomegranate Popsicles
Yields about 6 pops.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 5 hours
- 3 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Pomegranate infused tequila
- Place strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and tequila in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Add additional tequila to taste (or if mixture is too thick).
- Carefully pour mixture into 6 Dixie cups and freeze for about an hour and a half.
- Carefully insert wooden Popsicle sticks into the middle of the Popsicle. Re-freeze for about 3 hours or until set.
Nutritional information per ice pop:
Weight Watchers Points: 1