Hi friends! I hope you had an extraordinary weekend! Mine was great! Hosted a book club on Friday night with a bunch of absolutely lovely ladies! Then, on Saturday, I worked on a top secret project I’m bursting at the seams to tell y’all what I’ve been doing but I can’t yet. I will find out tomorrow what happens and then I promise I’ll share, whether it’s good news or bad! Then yesterday, I baked/prepared 6 recipes, including these mind blowing cookies I’m sharing with you today!
Now, when I say mind blowing, I’m not kidding. These cookies exceeded any and all expectations and just…well…blew my top off.
Sometimes, our supermarket has AMAZING deals on produce. Like, buy one get one free amazingness. So, the other day, strawberries were on massive sale so I of course, picked up two cartons. One entire carton was used to make this strawberry jam, while the other sat in my fridge waiting to be used.
By the 3rd day, I could almost hear them shrill “PICK ME PICK ME” whenever i’d open the fridge for ingredients. Luckily, their time was near because I had a serious craving for fresh fruit and cookies, so alas, a harmonious, incredible, absolutely delectable cookie was born.
The combination of fresh strawberries and whte chocolate is unbeatable, then you pair it with the soft, moist, chewiness of oatmeal cookies and it’s something for the record books. Each bite has a delicious mix of creamy milk chocolate, tart, fresh strawberries and chewy, moist oatmeal and brown sugar.
I’m going to have a revolt on my hands with all my previous cookie recipes by saying this, but guys, friends, confidantes, these are the best cookies I’ve ever made. Yes, yes. Even better than the 42 calorie pumpkin cookies or the banana pecan cookies.
I’m serious. It’s a bold, bold statement but it’s nothing but the truth. Make a batch of these sweet, fresh cookies and find out for yourself. Your mind? Just consider it blown.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes.
Strawberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Cook time: 11 minutes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, large
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk flours, oats, salt and baking soda together. Set aside. In another bowl, beat applesauce, brown sugar, butter and vanilla with a handheld mixer on low speed. Add in egg and beat until full mixed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir well. Gently fold in strawberries (so they don’t mash) and chocolate chips. Mix until fully combined. Cover the dough with plastic wrap or foil and let chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, remove dough from fridge. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto the sheet, about 1/2 inch from each-other.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Chill on a wire cooling rack and then enjoy!
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 1.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 2