Happy Friday everyone! Have any wild and crazy weekend plans? Well, in addition to baking 6 different recipes, I’m hosting a book club at my house tonight for about 15 lovely DC bloggers! So, as you can expect, I’m frantically trying to finish work so I can clean up this dump I call a house. So, without further ado, I bring you my hero for the day [aka guest poster], Marina from Yummy Mummy Kitchen. Guys, please go check out her blog and revel in her incredible photography. Oh and she’s a mom of 2 adorable girls and absolutely STUNNING. Like model stunning. Go look!
Hello Realistic Nutritionist readers! I’m Marina from YummyMummyKitchen.com and I’m so happy to be sharing a recipe with you today. Thank you, Claire for having me! This recipe has been getting rave reviews from my readers who have tried it and I hope you will enjoy it too. Nothing beats a guilt-free, delicious cookie, right?!
Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, flour, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly stir in oat mixture to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Press dough into balls with hands, as dough will be crumbly. Bake 12 minutes. Cool.
Are chia seeds new to you, or are you already a fan?