Since it’s Monday morning, I’m assuming all of the celebrating/griping from last night’s game is all out of your system? I love football, I do, but as soon as the game is over, I’m onto the next thing. Which, in this house, means…
Valentine’s Day! For work, I’ve been spending the past few days working on some delicious (and adorable) heart shaped goodies! And, lucky for you, I have 5 days worth of cute, heart shaped treats and romantic inspired eats to inspire your Valentine’s Day! Starting tomorrow, it’s going to be all lovey and shizz on hurr.
But today? I’m sparing you my obsession with heart shaped goodies (I blame the 3 heart cake pans and cookie cutters I bought recently) and sharing something that is just plain good. Actually, not good, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, FOOD-GASM inducing. And guess what? It’s easy and made from these delicious ingredients. [Plus, a few others].
So what do peanuts and bananas have to do with today’s dish? Well, everything!
This incredible skinny ice cream would be nothing without the amazing peanut butter and banana flavor! Made with reduced fat peanut butter, skim milk, light cream and soft, ripened bananas, this ice cream is not only incredible, it’s light! Each serving has less than 100 calories and 6 grams of fat.
Each bite has just the right balance of peanut butter and banana without being overpowering, and the texture? It’s creamy and has almost a custardy like finish. Smooth, sweet and oh-so-decadent, it’s impossible to tell it’s low-fat. Really. My friend Melanie was downright SHOCKED something so incredible, so delicious, so creamy and flavorful was low-fat and completely gluten-free!
I urge you to make this as soon as you possibly can. But I warn you. Once you make it (or any homemade ice cream for that matter), you will NEVER have the urge to buy the carton stuff again.
It’s like going from drinking Smirnoff to Grey Goose or Andre to Dom Perignon. And trust me, friends, downgrading from that is just plain wrong.
Skinny Peanut Butter & Banana Ice Cream
Serves about 7 – 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 – 8 hours
“Cook” time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 2 ripened bananas, chopped
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add milk and beat until sugar is completely dissolved. Add cream and vanilla and stir until combined. Add in chopped bananas. Cover with foil and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once mixture has chilled, pour into a FROZEN base of an ice cream maker. Turn ice cream maker on and let the machine stir/thicken the ice cream for at least 20 minutes. Once ice cream has reached desired consistency, scoop and enjoy! Immediately freeze after serving.
Nutritional information per 1/2 cup:
Fat: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus points: 3