Sweet and Savory Recipes: Strawberry Cupcakes with Light Cream Cheese Frosting
Valentine’s Day is one of those holiday’s that lingers for days. If you’re like me, it’s because you still have a fridge full of leftovers from V-DAY dinner/dessert and CVS is still taunting you with 50% off all Valentine’s inspired chocolates. Well, to kick off the third day of Valentine’s [like the 12 days of Christmas, but more mass produced and commercialized], I want to show off the lil’ strawberry cuppie cakes I made on Monday. I found the recipe on Martha Stewart and did my best to lighten it up. I swapped 2% milk for whole and saved 80 calories and 3 grams of fat! I also paired it with my light cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh strawberries for a tasty and light finish! [PS, I also whipped out the new shiny Kitchen Aid mixer I got at my shower!! OMG. LOVE].
Strawberry Cupcakes with Light Cream Cheese Frosting
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup whole fresh strawberries [plus extras for garnish]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
How to Make Them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Place strawberries in a food processor and process until pureed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree.
- In a kitchen aid mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture.
- Place in cupcake pans and bake for 22 minutes. Wait to cool then frost!
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry and enjoy!
Nutritional information per cupcake: 280 calories and 10 grams of fat.
good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to
a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!