Although it’s fun to take a break from cookie baking, I’m jumping back into the mini sweets full force for these last few posts. Cookies are universally associated with Christmas and make delicious gifts! These almond cherry cookies with melted chocolate are no exception. Whether you are bringing them as a hostess gift to a holiday party or swapping them in your office cookie swap, these tasty and easy cookies will be a huge hit. And for the big guy? He’ll love them too! Who doesn’t love cherry and chocolate?
Almond Cherry Cookies with Melted Chocolate
What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cherries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
How To Make Them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind almonds and sugar in a food processor until almonds are ground. Be careful not to over grind as the mixture will become paste. Pour mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add cherries and flour into the same bowl.
- Add oil, egg white and vanilla and almond extracts; mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Once cookies have cooled, drizzle chocolate over them.
Nutritional Information per cookie: 100 calories, 4 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber.