3 Sweets for Santa: Cream Cheese Bites
Happy Holidays! I know it’s a bit after Christmas, but what can I say, I got busy! I don’t get to spend a lot of time with my family now that I’m over 7 hours away. So when I’m home for the holidays, the last thing I want to do is be on my computer when I could be spending time with them! But I’m back with 3 additional cookie recipes for Santa! Since Santa’s gone, why don’t you save these delicious bites for yourself or take them to the office? With each cookie containing less than 100 calories, you can enjoy it guilt free! I know I can’t go cold turkey on holiday sweets, so weaning myself to just one may be the best idea!
Cream Cheese Bites
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
How to Make Them:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, butter, cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and stir until crumbly.
- Shape dough into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze by combining 1 and 3/4 cups of powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- When cookies are cool, drizzle glaze over the cookies and let stand for 30 minutes until glaze is set.
Nutritional Information per cookie: 85 calories, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein and .5 grams of fiber.