Eat Skinny: Chobani Black Cherry Cheesecake
Guys, I did something a little unorthodox this morning.
As in, I made a cheesecake WITHOUT any cheese. Yep, no cream cheese, or ricotta. Not even a dash of mascarpone. This cheesecake? It’s a phony. A big fat FAKE.
But you know what? It’s the creamiest, most delicious, most orgasmic “cheese”cake I’ve ever eaten. Yep, beats out the caramelized banana, the vegan pumpkin and even the sinless lemon. It’s so incredible I can hardly stand it.
And it’s made with YOGURT. Now, it’s weird that I love this because I really [GASP] don’t LOVE yogurt. I mean, I’ll eat it but it’s just not my go-to. Not even the greek yogurt everyone raves about! I don’t know, something about the creamy, thick and dairy texture just doesn’t sit well with me. However, when I bake with it, it’s mind-blowing.
I mean, LOOK AT THIS DESSERT. Makes me a yogurt believer, through and through. And, I even tasted a little of the Chobani before I made it and, guys, I loved it! Maybe I was just eating the wrong kind of yogurt because this stuff tastes like happiness. I was even a little sad to see it go into the cheesecake.
That was, ya know, until I ate a piece. Then I was fine with it because I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this, but THIS CHEESECAKE IS THE BEST THING EVER.
Y’all, make it for Easter. Your family will be SO impressed. And you won’t have to wear your eating pants either because it’s skinny. Chobani, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Recipe adapted from Eat Live Run.
Chobani Black Cherry Cheesecake
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Light graham cracker crust (I used store bought)
- 2 cups Chobani black cherry Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon until creamy. Add vanilla, salt and corn starch and mix until there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into the crust, filling just to the top (being sure not to overflow the tip of the crust).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges of the filling are firm and the crust is golden brown. The middle will still be a bit jiggly. Immediately chill for at least 3 hours to let the rest of the filling set.
- Serve with additional cherries, whipped cream or on it’s own!
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 3.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 30.5 grams
Protein: 6.3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 5