Cookie Butter Kiss Cookies
Today’s recipe isn’t healthy, low-fat, low-carb or low-calorie. These cookie butter kiss cookies won’t be featured in my cookbook or showcased on Cooking Light or Eating Well. But they are a staple on my mom’s famous Christmas Eve cookie plate, a favorite among our family members and one cookie that makes every single person smile when they eat it. And that’s reason enough for me to share it with y’all!
Now this recipe differs a bit from my moms since I’m pretty sure she still has no idea what cookie butter is. And when I’m spoon-deep in yet another jar, I totally wish I had that same problem. I don’t know why this stuff is SO INSANELY ADDICTING but it is. Well, actually that’s a lie. I know why it is. It’s made from cookies ground up into a creamy butter. You’d have to be insane not to want to stick a straw in it and drink it.
In addition to cookie butter, I also added some of my new favorite peanut butter, PB Crave. They are an all-natural brand of PB that comes in an assortment of the most perfect flavors. To give these a double dose of cookie perfection, I added PB Crave’s cookie nookie, which is peanut butter blended with, you guessed it, COOKIE BUTTER!
I made these on a whim for our ugly Christmas sweater party on Saturday. I didn’t have a whole lot of extra time to make a dessert. So I figured, why not make a simple cookie that my family loves? Maybe it’s the cookie butter or just the fact that I was having a good baking day, but these turned out even better than I hoped. They puffed up like gorgeous crinkly pillows and the chocolate kisses fit beautifully right in the center. And they didn’t just look pretty either. 36 cookies were made for the party and only 3 remained on Sunday morning.
We only had about 15 people over, too. Even though my mom is making 16,000 cookies for the holidays, I’m bringing a batch of these home. Mostly because they are so good and I want to share them, but more because I want to eat them on the ride to Ohio and am craving cookie dough like woah.
At least I’m honest, right?
Cookie Butter Thumbprints
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE!
Yields about 36 – 40 cookies. Slightly adapted from Bake at 350.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup PB Crave Cookie Nookie peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- + 1/2 cup white sugar for rolling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, cookie butter, white sugar, brown sugar and egg together. Beat until soft, fluffy and creamy. Stir in the vanilla and beat. Gradually add the baking soda, salt and flours. Beat to combine.
- Cover the dough with saran wrap and chill in a fridge for about 2 – 4 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add about 1/2 cup of white sugar into a shallow bowl. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll into the white sugar. Place the cookies 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for about 12 – 14 minutes. While still warm, use a small spoon to press a thumbprint into the center of each cookie. Let cool for about 1 – 2 minutes. Once slightly cooled, press an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss into the center.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 11.5 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 1.5 grams
Weight Watchers points: 3