Soft Peanut Butter Quickbread
This recipe for soft, peanut butter quickbread is one of the best breads I’ve tried to date. Trust me and try it too!
2018 has hit me like a ton of bricks, both figuratively and literally. From the end of the year to now, I had to put my dog down (still the most excruciating pain I’ve felt), moved into a new condo, got two new jobs, traveled to the Caribbean and Cleveland, not to mention a flu sickness that has kept me from working out and, well, leaving my house. It’s been a jam-packed month, and it’s only going to get crazier.
Despite a slower travel schedule this year, I’m still heading out of the country for a few more work trips. I’ll be going to Mexico in February, possibly Japan in March and then maybe a trip to Bhutan at the end of April. My boyfriend and I are also planning a trip to see the tulips in the Netherlands and explore some of Denmark in early may as well. I’m focusing more of my travels on trips that are truly meaningful and life changing, ones that challenge and excite me, and am aiming to spend more time here in this city that I love.
And with that, I definitely mean back to blogging. I finally found a web designer I like and have crossed the ts and dotted the i’s on a new look. One that’ll incorporate my travels, my fitness, my home and food. Something that will grow with me as I move towards a more lifestyle focus – something that I know I can keep up. I’ve got some major life shifts and changes happening this year as well, and I want a place I can openly talk about everything – from a new career focus to decorating and renovating a condo to everything in between. We’ve got a tight deadline of July, but you know me, I’m going to hope and pray it’s done a little sooner. Enough about me, y’all just want to know more about this bread, right?
The title really says it all. This soft, moist and oh-so-flavorful peanut butter quickbread is the freaking BEES KNEES. I got the base from Monique at Ambitious Kitchen (who is amazing, follow her) and updated it with things I can’t live without – like peanut butter, nuts and coconut flour. Y’all, it’s amazing. I’m not doing the paleo diet right now, but I’m still trying to limit my sugar and processed carb intake on this every-changing quest to stay healthy, focused, energized and healthy.
This protein-packed, low-fat, fiber-rich quickbread is the ultimate breakfast bread. Plus, it’s great for grab-n-go, basically the only speed I know.
Soft Peanut Butter Quickbread
Serves about 12. Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium bananas, ripe and soft
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice*
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or peanuts
- + 2 tablespoons peanut butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard loaf pan ( 8 1/2 x 4 1/2) with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with coconut flour.
- In a large bowl, smash the bananas together. Using a mixer or a whisk, mix in the peanut butter and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and apple pie spice. Mix in the flour to the wet mixture, Toss in the salt and chopped nuts, stirring to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until fully cooked inside. (You can test the inside by sticking a toothpick inside. If it’s dry, it’s fully cooked). Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the peanut butter in a microwave for about 30 – 45 seconds, or until melted. Drizzle the bread with the peanut butter and serve.
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 12.3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 4.6 grams
Tags:banana bread, coconut flour recipes, easy recipes, healthy bread, healthy recipes, paleo, paleo bread, paleo quickbread, quickbread