Homemade Sausage Ramen Soup
FRIDAY!!! After the week I’ve already had, I couldn’t be happier to see Friday’s adorable face this morning. I want to give it the biggest hug and squeeze its chubby cheeks. I actually have a day off tomorrow so I’m looking forward to getting some extra shut eye and hopefully kicking the remnants of this evil ailment out the door. High dosages of cold medicine and this cozy, comforting homemade sausage ramen soup have really helped thwart off the virus. Thank god b/c I’m SICK OF BEING SICK.
I’ve always been a huge fan of ramen, even before I had to eat it because I was a broke college student. Yes, I know the packets of seasoning alone have 16,000 grams of sodium, which is precisely why I don’t eat them anymore. However, I can’t help but feel a slight ping to my heart when I walk by the $1 blocks of Maruchan ramen in the grocery store. Even when I wasn’t broke in college, I still flocked to this stuff. Something about the warm, cozy broth just made me feel better.
Plus, it’s really easy to make in a dorm microwave when you’re hammer drunk off Natty Light. Am I right?
Sadly the reason behind ramen this time wasn’t due to college house parties. The only thing I could really stomach this week was soup. And instead of chicken noodle, I craved the salty, deliciousness of ramen. Instead of just making a block of the 64 cent variety, I decided to whip up my own, lower sodium broth and add some low-fat beef sausage and mushrooms. The end result was EXACTLY what my sick body craved. Warm, cozy broth with hearty sausage and noodles.
Next time you’re craving ramen, make this instead. Your body, your jeggings and your face (mine swells up like a balloon when I eat too much salt) will thank you.
Homemade Sausage Ramen Soup
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE!
Serves about 4.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat-free beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- About 1 1/2 – 2 cups sliced low-sodium, low-fat beef sausage (fully cooked)
- 1 block ramen noodles
- Additional chives for garnish
- Sprouts for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add green onions , carrot and mushrooms and reduce heat to medium. Cook vegetables until soft, another 4 minutes or so. Add soy sauce, broth and water.
- Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 6 minutes. Add in ramen noodles and sausage and simmer until the noodles are soft. Season with pepper or salt.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives.
Nutritional information per serving (about 2/3 cup):
Fat: 8.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 23.5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 11.25 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5
Tags:homemade ramen recipes, homemade soup recipes, low sodium soup recipes, ramen recipes
site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing on your feeds or even I fulfillment you access constantly rapidly.