Best Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies, Part Two
Yields about 24 – 26 cookies. Original recipe here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 24 – 36 hours
Cook time: About 11 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy and creamed. Stir in the vanilla, egg and water. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with saran wrap and chill for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into small balls and place one inch away from each other on the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly browned. Chill on a wire cooling rack.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 1.29 grams
Weight Watchers Points: