Whole Wheat Pumpkin Coffee Cake Bread
Yields about 10 – 11 slices. Recipe adapted from All You.
For the bread:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons NEW Seasonal Coffee-mate Pumpkin Spice
- 7 ounces (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
*NOTE! If you can’t find this creamer, use regular cream! Or hold your horses since I’m doing a giveaway soon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda , pumpkin pie spice and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin, oil, applesauce, vanilla and eggs together. Add in sugars and beat until fully combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and carefully pour the wet mixture into the middle. Stir well until the batter is fully mixed. Pour batter into the prepare bread pan.
- Prepare topping by mixing the flour, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice together. Using a pastry blender (or knife) cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle the topping over the bread.
- Bake bread for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 8.4 grams
Carbohydrates: 55 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 5.1 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8