Weight Watchers Trail Mix Brownie Bar Recipe
Trail Mix Brownie Bars
Serves about 12. Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers Sweet Baked Goods.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cup rice cereal
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Weight Watchers Brownies, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- Dash of salt
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325F.Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, graham cracker crumbs, brownie chunks, cranberries and cinnamon. Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- In a medium pan over low heat melt butter. Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter and salt, whisking until thoroughly combined. Pour over dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add egg whites and honey to mixing bowl with dry ingredients and peanut mixture. Toss well until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Press mixture firmly with the back of a large wooden spoon until it is tightly packed into the baking pan. Sprinkle with additional salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Chill for at least 2 hours. Once bars have chilled, remove from pan and cut into bite size bars.
Nutritional information per bar:
Fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4