Warm Mushroom Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Dressing
Serves: 2-3 as main dish, 4-6 as a side
For the salad:
- olive oil
- 10 oz Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced thin)
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- Few handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic (or Apple Cider) Vinegar
- Season with: Salt, pepper, dried sage & cinnamon
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 F. Toss mushrooms in olive oil and season well with salt & pepper. Arrange mushrooms in an even layer in a oven safe baking dish. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until mushrooms are done. When mushrooms are nicely roasted, add to the onion mixture and stir in a few handfuls of spinach until lightly wilted. Add quinoa and seasonings and stir well to combine.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients well using a whisk or a blender. Drizzle on the warm mushroom salad.