Surf n’ Turf (Shrimp with Steak)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
For the steak:
- 2 (5 -6 ounce) filet mignons
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter*
For the shrimp:
- 1/2 pound shrimp, deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Fresh parmesan
*For more flavor, use a compound butter. Here’s an easy recipe for one on SheKnows.
- For the steak. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Increase the heat to hight. (You want the pan very hot. Turn on the vent in your house to avoid smoke).
- Rub the steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Then rub the butter all over the steaks and add additional salt and pepper.
- Add to the pan and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the entire pan from the skillet and then place in the oven. Bake for an additional 6 – 7 minutes for medium rare. Let rest about 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is baking, prepare the shrimp. Coat the shrimp liberally with seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, or about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Top the steaks with additional compound butter and shrimp. Serve with a dash of fresh parmesan and herbs.
Nutritional information per serving (steak with 5 – 7 shrimps):
Fat: 36 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 gram
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 60 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 15