Super Soft Ginger Cardamom Cookies
Yields about 24 small cookies or 14 large ones. Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the stand of kitchen aid mixer, beat the butter, applesauce, sugars, egg and molasses together. Beat until creamy. In another bowl, whisk the flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and ginger. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is thick.
- Cover the mixture with saran wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To make large cookies, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookies onto the parchment paper. For regular size cookies, use a regular spoon. Bake for about 10 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional information per standard size cookie:
Fat: 4.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 19.25 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 1.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4