Super Soft Egg-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 1 1/2 dozen cookies. Adapted from Jen’s Favorite Cookies.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 24 – 36 hours
Bake time: 14 – 16 minutes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces (1 cup) pureed low-fat cottage cheese (I used Friendship Dairies)
- 3/4 cup tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups Nestle peanut butter and chocolate chip mixed morsels
- In a large bowl fitted with a mixing attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, cottage cheese, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk the baking soda, all purpose flour and whole wheat flour. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixing attachment and fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chip morsels. Cover the mixture tightly with saran wrap or foil and chill for at least 24 hours (I chilled mine for about 28 hours).
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop golf ball size spoons of dough onto the parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 13 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let chill slightly on the parchment paper and then place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1 cookie):
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 41 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 4.6 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7