Super Soft & Chewy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields about 16 cookies.
Prep time: 10 – 12 minutes
Chill time: 14 hours
Cook time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the peanut butter, butter, applesauce, egg, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla together. Beat until thick and creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix until soft and fluffy. Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill for at least 10 – 14 hours (or overnight).
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper about 1-inch apart on the baking sheet. Don’t overcrowd since they will spread a little.
- Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with milk and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving (1 cookie):
Fat: 8.8 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 3.25 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5