Spicy Peach Jam and Turkey Panini Recipe
Yields 1 sandwiches & 2 cups of jam
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the panini:
- 2 pieces of bread (I used whole wheat, but a thicker bread is preferred)
- 6 slices of freshly shaved, low sodium turkey breast
- 1 slices of part-skim swiss cheese
For the jam:
- 4 peaches, chopped
- 2/3 – 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapenos, chopped with seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare jam by chopping the peaches into small pieces. Place in a deep saucepan. Chop jalapenos (wearing gloves!), seeds included, into bite size size pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Add sugar to the mixture and heat on medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved. Add in lemon juice. Then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, or until thick. While jam cooks, sterilize your jar and lid by boiling in hot water. Once jam is thick, remove from heat. Use a ladle to spoon jam into the jar. Let chill for at least 30 minutes before use.
- To make the panini, spread about 1 1/2 tablespoon of jam onto one side of the bread. Layer turkey and cheese. Add other slice. Place on a panini maker or George Forman and press until cheese is melty, about 4 minutes. DON’T PRESS FOR TOO LONG. Otherwise, the bread will get soggy, which is gross.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Nutritional information per panini:
Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Weight Watchers points: 8