Spicy Cilantro Alfredo Pasta
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light cream
- About 3/4 cup skim milk
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 jalapeno, cut in half and seeded
- 2 habernos, cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Place jalapeno, habernos and yellow pepper in an oven safe baking dish coated with cooking spray. Broil for about 5 – 8 minutes, or until soft and slightly blackened. Remove from the oven and place in a food processor. Pulse on low with one tablespoon of lemon juice until pureed. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al-dente, about 8 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat. Add flour and stir in to create a roux. Add in the light cream and the light milk, 1/4 cup at a time, whisking after each addition. Stirring constantly, heat until mixture is thick (enough to coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese and parmesan cheese. Once cheese is fully melted, stir in chopped cilantro, chili powder and pureed jalapenos. Stir in salt, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Stir the noodles into the sauce and serve immediatley.
Nutritional information per serving (about 3/4 cup):
Fat: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 44.5 grams
Fiber: 2.25 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 10