Spicy Buffalo Steak, Ramen & Snap Pea Stir Fry
Serves about 4 -5. Recipe slightly adapted from My Recipes.
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 blocks of ramen noodles, seasoning discarded
- 1 pound buffalo sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler to high. Lightly grease a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Liberally salt and pepper the steak on both sides. Place on the grill pan and broil for about 6 – 7 minutes on each side for a medium rare steak. Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Add a dash of salt. Place the peas in the water and boil until soft, about 5 – 6 minutes. Rinse and set immediately over an ice bath.
- Cook the ramen per the instructions on the back (4 minutes microwaved on high). Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and snap peas and cook until softened, about 2 – 3 more minutes. Add in the noodles and sliced steak.
- Whisk the flour, soy sauce and broth together. Pour the mixture over the ramen and steak noodles. Add red pepper, black pepper and chopped cilantro. Heat another 2 minutes, or until sauce is cooked through.
- Garnish the top with chopped cashews and additional salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 16.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8