Skinny Coffee Cake
Serves about 12. Recipe inspired by King Arthur Flour.
Prep time: >8 minutes
Cook time: About 25 minutes
For the cake:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Chobani
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until mixed.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamed. Mix the Chobani into the applesauce mixture until fully combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, mix the sugars, pumpkin pie spice and almonds together. Sprinkle 1/2 of the topping over the batter. Cover with the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the remaining topping over the batter.
- Bake cake for about 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 28.03 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 5.3 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4