Shrimp Pasta with Homemade Cream Sauce Recipe
Shrimp pasta with homemade cream sauce
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 5 – 8 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces shrimp, tails removed
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used linguine)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 5 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crisp wine
- 3/4 cup shrimp or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- Lemon zest
- Prepare pasta according to box. Rinse and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium size 3 quart pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and peppers and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add in wine, broth, cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper. Cook until mixture begins to thicken a bit, about 6 minutes. Stir in parmesan, lemon zest and additional salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook shrimp for about 2 – 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and add to cream sauce. Add spinach to the small pan and heat just until wilted, about 3 minutes. Toss spinach and shrimp with cream sauce.
- Pour over pasta and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 12.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8