Shrimp & Cheese Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Serves 4. Recipe inspired by Cooking Light.
Prep time: 10 – 12 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¾ tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 ½ tablespoons part-skim cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Preheat broiler. Place the poblanos, whole, onto a foil laned baking sheet. Broil for about 10 minutes, or until blackened on all sides. Place in a plastic bag, shut and let sit for about 10 minutes. Once chilled and rested, peel the skin and cut the tops off each pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until slightly fragrant, about 1 minutes. Add red onion and cook until transluscent. Add chopped shrimp to pan. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cook for a bout 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add flour to the pan and cook about a minute. Gradually add the Greek yogurt and milk. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add the shrimp and onion mixture to the cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of mixture into each pepper. Garnish with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information per pepper:
Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 20.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5