Radish & Broccoli Rabe Pasta
Serves about 4.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
- 12 ounces ziti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, chopped
- 4 ounces proscuitto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts
- About 4 fresh radishes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add pasta and a dash of salt. Cook until al dente about 8-10 minutes. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic; cook about 3 – 4 minutes. Add in chopped broccoli rabe. Cook on medium heat until broccoli rabe is wilted and softened, about 6-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Carefully chop the proscuitto. Toss the broccoli rabe with the pasta and mix with tongs. Add Parmesan cheese, proscuitto and additional salt and pepper. Slice the turnips into thin slices.
- Serve pasta with a dash of pine nuts and thinly sliced turnips.