Parmesan Rosemary Biscuits
Yields about 8 biscuits. Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker & original recipe here on Chef Mom).
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick mix*
- 2/3 cup Chobani Greek yogurt (I used nonfat but you can use 2% or whole)
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2-1/2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Dash of salt
*You can sub in your favorite biscuit mix (Bob’s Red Mill is another good one) or make from scratch with 2 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 3 teaspoons baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet (or a Silpat non-stick baking mat) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the biscuit mix, Greek yogurt, chopped rosemary, Parmesan, dash of salt and buttermilk. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto a floured surface and knead (with floured hands) about 6 times. Then, using a floured rolling pin, roll the mixture out to 1/2-inch thickness. Fold the mixture in half and roll out again to 1/3-inch thickness. Repeat another 2 times. Using 2-inch rounds, cut out biscuit circles. Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutritional information per biscuit:
Fat: 2.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 12.5 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 5.3 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 2